FindMusicPlx! -:- Fórum -:- BETA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandon All Ships!

5 posters

Go down

Abandon All Ships!  Empty Abandon All Ships!

Post  Trunks Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am

Hello to y'all!

I'd like to talk about AAS!'s new album. I was expecting so much of this band, 'cause like i already said in here, the mix of electronica with post-hardcore makes me really happy (or horny? ... ok, not.). So I would be happy and pleased in some way, obviously.
I wasn't disappointed with this band's album. It mixes really well some elements of electronica and has some pretty heavy instrumentals. But some songs like "Guardian Angel" wasn't that enjoyable like "Geeving" or "Bro My God". The lyrics are kinda annoying, in my opinion .. i mean .. 'i'll be your guardian angel' shout out like A HUNDRED times in a song with a ROBOT'S voice .. that's not cool at all, dude. it's kinda creepy. Ok, i kid the guardian robot angels out there, but the band is pretty sick. I was really pleased with their album and i'll keep listening to it over and over again.

So, what's YOUR opinion?
Trunks
Trunks
tr00!
tr00!

Back to top Go down

Abandon All Ships!  Empty Re: Abandon All Ships!

Post  xLoveHateLegend Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 am

I've listened to the album a bit, not quite enough to judge yet though.

I really enjoy Take One Last Breath, Bro My God, Megawacko 2.1 and Geeving. I got the single for Bro My God from here a while back, and I had been listening to it every now and then and thought it was pretty awesome. Then I remember one day I was browsing on On Demand, and the name looked familiar so I checked out the video for Take One Last Breath and decided I really liked them. I really didn't even realize that it was the same band at first. Until the next day when I sat down, looked at my playlist and saw Bro My God, then I was like wow... Same band. They're pretty good =] Then I downloaded the album, listened to it a few times and had such a que of bands I've been meaning to listen to, that I never got around to listening to them more. One of these days though... I'll get around to it. And I'm sure I won't be let down.

Moving on... Now that you guys know my whole life story xD
xLoveHateLegend
xLoveHateLegend
Troll
Troll

http://www.last.fm/user/xLoveHateLegend

Back to top Go down

Post  camisado9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 am

I enjoy the whole album. The dude can't scream all that well, but besides that... Its electrocore goodness. Not sure what their demos sound like, I might wanna check those out too
camisado9
camisado9
Troll
Troll

http://www.last.fm/user/camisado9

Back to top Go down

Post  InFriendsWeTrust Sat May 14, 2011 1:21 am

Abandon All Ships is a good band, or so I think, and their new album is incredible. I love how it's post-hard, mixed with that electro sound. The only thing I can really complain about are some of the screams are somewhat mediocre(they're not too bad though) and the fact that they use autotune. I'm not a big fan of autotune. Although it does fit with the electro sound of the band.
InFriendsWeTrust
InFriendsWeTrust
Troll
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  selfishmachines Mon May 30, 2011 1:41 pm

I've been listening to AAS for a bit now. And i think they have grown like each song is better than the one before. I have to agree Guardian angel is annoying cause he keeps repeating the same damn thing. But eitheir than that i think there doing super well
selfishmachines
selfishmachines
Troll
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down